Boca Raton, FL USA- The Mulligan Concept™ Upper Quadrant Course PT and OT CEU Approved!
(Good through October 16, 2022)
8:00am – 4:30pm
7:30am – 3:30pm
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Upper Quadrant
This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the Cervical and Thoracic spine as well as for the upper extremity. It will include lecture, patient demonstrations, and lab time to give the participants a thorough and in depth coverage of the Mobilization With Movement ™ approach for the upper quarter. This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
- PTs and PTAs will receive 15 CCUs for those licensed in the State of Florida (CE Broker). For those attending who reside outside of Florida, please see your State governing body for reciprocity. All forms needed to submit for CEUs in your State can be found under the “courses” tab on the homepage.
- ATs will receive 13 CEUs from the NATA Board of Certification CEU Provider P3566
- Certificate of attendance for 13 hours of instruction is always given
By the end of the course the participant will be able to accurately:
- List 3 key manual components of Mobilization With Movement ™ for the treatment of upper quarter.
- Demonstrate 3 shoulder MWM techniques for shoulder elevation impairment.
- Demonstrate 2 elbow MWM techniques for loss of motion and tennis elbow.
- List 2 indications for wrist/hand taping procedures for the proximal row of carpals and the metacarpals to reinforce an MWM technique.
- Demonstrate 3 key variables that may need to be modified for pain-free effective MWM of the upper extremity, cervical and thoracic spine.
- Demonstrate 3 manual upper cervical techniques used for the alleviation of cervicogenic headaches
- Demonstrate 3 manual upper cervical techniques used for the alleviation of cervicogenic dizziness
- Demonstrate central and unilateral manual SNAG techniques for the pain-free improvement of cervical and thoracic ROM.
- Cite at least 2 RCT studies that support cervical snags for headaches and dizziness
- Cite at least 2 RCT studies that support the MWM approach to Tennis elbow
- Integrate one combined shoulder MWM and cervical SNAG when presented with a persistent cervical / shoulder musculoskeletal dysfunctional pattern.
- 7:45-8:00 Sign in and Registration
- 8:00-9:00 Pre-test. Introduction, theory, guidelines for practical application of Mobilization With Movement (MWM’s): CROCKS and PILL
- 9:00-9:30 Hand demonstration and lab practice: IP, MCP, Metacarpals, Carpals, and taping techniques.
- 9:30-10:00 Literature evidence for evaluation and treatment of Wrist. Demonstration and lab practice: MWMs for flexion, extension, supination, pronation, and taping.
- 10:00-10:15 Break time
- 10:15-12:00 Cervical demonstration and lab practice: Natural Apophyseal Glides (NAGs), Reverse NAGs, Sustained Natural Apophyseal Glides (SNAGs).
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00- 2:00 Cervical demonstration and lab practice: SNAGs continued. Self-SNAGS/HEP/Self management.
- 2:00-2:30 Upper Cervical lecture: evidence for evaluation and assessment of Upper Cervical pain, mobility loss, headaches and cervicogenic dizziness.
- 2:30- 2:45 Break time
- 2:45- 4:30 Upper Cervical lab practice for Headache/Cervicogenic Dizziness and pain/Mobility loss.
- 7:30-9:30 Review of Day 1 topics and treatments. CMP exam requirements. Cervical demonstration & lab practice: traction techniques, Transverse SNAG’s (Positional SNAGS’s), Spinal Mobilization with Arm Movement.
- 9:30-9:45 Break time
- 9:45-11:00 Elbow demonstration and lab practice, HEP/ patient self-management strategies.
- 11:00-12:00 Literature evidence for evaluation and treatment of the Shoulder. Demonstration and lab practice.
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00- 2:00 Shoulder demonstration and lab practice continued to include the Acromioclavicular joint and Scapulothoracic area: MWM, HEP/self management.
- 2:00- 2:15 Break time
- 2:15- 3:00 Rib and Thoracic demonstration and lab practice: MWM for the ribs and thoracic.
- 3:00 – 3:30 Review, Post Test and Closing
Wear loose, comfortable lab clothes. Bring mobilization belts, mobilization pads, if available.
To facilitate your learning and preparation for the course, it is recommended that you purchase a mobilization belt, contact pad, and Brian Mulligan’s 7th edition textbook. Other tools to facilitate learning include video tutorials of the techniques presented in the courses. Click the product links below for information and purchase.
Individual Participants: All cancellations must be submitted with written notice and received 14 days prior to the course date. Refunds, minus an administrative fee of $50.00, are provided if cancellation is received in this timeframe. No refunds will be issued if notice is received less than 14 days before the course.
Read our complete cancellation policies.
Only 25 left