What Is Covered During the Course
In Mobilization With Movement™ USA’s Mulligan Concept™ Manual Therapy Upper Quadrant Course, we provide a comprehensive and in-depth approach to manual therapy for the cervical and thoracic spines in addition to the upper extremity. This two-day course includes all-inclusive lectures, patient demonstrations, and substantial lab time to offer the participants a comprehensive overview of the Mobilization With Movement™ process for the upper quarter. This custom approach to manual therapy was created by Brian Mulligan. It is one of the simplest yet most effective approaches to manual therapy for musculoskeletal disorders. The Mulligan technique is a simple and practical method of addressing musculoskeletal disorders with painless manual therapy forces that can restore pain-free, functional movement.
After completing the Mulligan Concept™ Manual Therapy Upper Quadrant Course, students will be able to successfully:
- List three essential components of Mobilization With Movement™ for effective therapy of the upper quarter.
- Exhibit three shoulder Mobilization With Movement™ methods for shoulder elevation impairment.
- Present two elbow Mobilization With Movement™ procedures for loss of motion and lateral elbow pain.
- Name two indications for wrist/hand taping methods for the proximal row of carpals and metacarpals for enhancing a Mobilization With Movement™ technique.
- Name no less than two randomized controlled trial studies that support cervical snags for headaches and dizziness.
- Reference at least two studies that support Mobilization With Movement™ for lateral elbow pain.
- Display three manual techniques used in the Mulligan Concept™ for alleviating cervicogenic headaches.
- Physical therapists and physical therapist assistants will receive 14 CCUs from Procert.
- Certified athletic trainers will receive 13 CEUs from the NATA.
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance, documenting 13 hours of continuing education credits.
When attending, we recommend you wear loose and comfortable lab clothing. If possible, bring mobilization belts and pads.
For further inquiries regarding our Mulligan Concept™ Manual Therapy Upper Quadrant Course, contact the Mobilization With Movement™ USA team today. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.